Call for Symposia / Call for Abstracts
Applicants of symposia are hereby kindly invited to submit proposals for symposia to be included in the scientific programme. Each symposium is scheduled for 90 min and shall include four presentations and time for discussion at the end of the session.
Submissions shall include:
- a descriptive abstract
- names and affiliation of the chair and co-chair
- names and affiliation of speakers and titles of their presentation
- educational objectives
- information about potential conflicts of interest
Respective abstracts for each single presentation only need to be submitted after the symposium has been accepted. All speakers must have agreed to participate prior to submission. All proposals will be reviewed by the Scientific Programme Committee and by the International Advisory Programme Committee with regard to quality of the content and relevance to the major topics of the conference.
Please note: Symposia involving speakers from more than one European country will be given priority.
Authors interested in actively contributing to the scientific programme with an oral or poster presentation are also invited to submit a respective abstract. All submissions will be reviewed by the Programme Committees and scheduled as oral or poster presentations. Accepted presentations will be grouped by topics into thematic oral sessions or thematic guided poster sessions in order to promote discussions.
Deadlines and Dates
Submission of symposium and workshop proposals: 07 February 2017
Notification of acceptance or rejection: Beginning of March 2017
Submission of abstracts for oral communication and posters: 10 April 2017
Notification of acceptance or rejection: End of May 2017
We encourage submitting authors to register via the online registration system along with the abstract submission. The acceptance of abstracts by the Programme Committees does not imply any financial assistance but a fee reduction in terms of applying the early bird rate to all active participants to be paid by 30 June 2017. Active participants missing this date for payment will be charged the regular registration fee.
Submit your abstract here:
Guideline for Abstract Submission
Please submit your abstracts online and in English, the official language of the ECSR 2017.
- Please choose a title that clearly indicates the content of the contribution.
- Please avoid abbreviations in the title. Abbreviations may be used in the text if they are defined when used first.
- The author's name (full first name, family name), degrees, title and place of work (institution, city, and country) should be given.
- The abstract submission must be complete.
- The text of the abstract should briefly state:
Objectives (indicate the purpose of the study or the hypothesis that was tested), Methods (include the setting for the study, the subjects, the diagnosis or intervention, and the type of statistical analysis. If references are needed, they should be given in the text), Results (present as clearly as possible the outcome of the study and statistical significance if appropriate) and Conclusions (briefly discuss the data and emphasize the significance of the results).
- The length of your abstract is limited to a maximum of 300 words.
- Please ensure that the abstract does not contain spelling, grammar or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. Submitted abstracts will not be edited in any way. If the abstract does not fulfill the necessary requirements it cannot be published.
- A disclosure of the existence of any significant financial interest or other affiliations with a funding organization or with a commercial supporter of the session and/or provider of commercial services is required.